The Washington State Ferry terminal in Anacortes is your connection to all of the Pacific Northwest islands. Friday Harbor, Lopez Island, Orcas Island, Shaw Island, and Sidney BC, Canada are all within a ferry ride from Anacortes. We have rounded up five tips and tricks to make your trip as smooth as the waters you'll travel on.
1. Vehicle reservations are free and suggested May through September during the busy travel times.
2. You will need to print your reservation sheet with the barcode, or you can bring your confirmation number.
3. Arrive in line about 45 to 90 minutes before your reservation.
4. Make two vehicle reservations if you are visiting the Orcas or San Juan Islands. One for departing from Anacortes and one for traveling back to Anacortes
5. You can get lunch or dinner at Frida's Gourmet Mexican Cuisine and let them know when you are trying to catch the ferry. They will put a rush order on your meal to make sure you get there in time!
Make it a weekend by booking a night at one of the excellent bed and breakfasts in Anacortes. Dine out at the gourmet restaurants or shop at the many boutiques and shops selling everything from beads to Antiques!
Learn more at wsdot.com/ferries/schedule
Sign-up for our Awesome In Skagit Newsletter
Get the inside scoop on what is happening in Skagit County AND download the latest issues of our magazines!